Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Reading Ambitions

As usual, I'm packing books to take north for vacation reading.  Maybe I should put that in all caps:

VACATION READING

which means a pile of books I probably won't read, but that I have all kinds of intentions to read.  So, in a way, I am lying to myself about this whole thing.  Or maybe I'm just super ambitious.  
  • The Six-Gun Tarot -- R.S. Belcher
  • Outlander -- DIana Gabaldon
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep -- Philip K. Dick
  • Old Man's War -- John Scalzi
  • The Gunslinger: The Dark Tower 1 -- Stephen King
  • Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs -- Molly Harper
  • The Monkey Wrench Gang -- Edward Abbey
Those are the books I really, really intend to read this summer.

  • Day Watch/Twilight Watch/Last Watch -- Sergei Lukyanenko
  • Ancillary Mercy -- Ann Leckie
  • Johannes Cabal, The Detective -- Jonathan L. Howard
  • A Darker Shade of Magic -- V.E. Schwab
  • The Inner Reaches of Outer Space -- Joseph Campbell
  • Girl on the Moon -- Jack McDonald Burnett
Those are the book I am ABSOLUTELY going to read this summer.

  • Pride & Prejudice: Manga Classics -- Jane Austen, Po Tse, Stacy King
  • The Novel Cure -- Ella Berthoud and Susan Elderkin
  • Aspects of the Nove -- E.M. Forster
  • Romeo and/or Juliet -- Ryan North (I'm already reading this one)
  • Uprooted -- Naomi Novik
  • Winterwood -- Jacey Bedford
  • Monstrous Little Voices: New Takes from Shakespeare's Fantasy World
Those are books I really would like to read this summer.

  • The Sculptor -- Scott McCloud
  • Writing Down the Bones -- Natalie Goldberg (already reading)
  • Wild Mind -- Natalie Goldberg
And if I have time, I want to squeeze in those three.

None of this counts in the books on my e-reader or the audio books I want to read.  I figure if I manage a book every two days I might get through the list.

Ambitions.  I have 'em.



No comments: