Sunday, January 04, 2015

Purely Wishful Thinking

I do have a lot of books.  A lot of this is because, yes, I just love books and I see all kinds of books I want to read.  The last 3 or 4 years, though, due to The Crazy, reading has been well nigh impossible.  In part it is because I now need glasses to read comfortably (depending on the book -- typeface makes all the difference) and in part it is because my brain won't settle down to the activity of reading.  Each year I'd make promises to read books and each year it would be just too hard to read much.

I think I'm over that now, or I am at least relearning how to read.  Plenty of distractions exist, of course, and I'm not out of the woods as far as being easily distractible, but I'm working on it.

I've finished sorting and shelving books now.  I'm down to the bottom two shelves which are, frankly, books I'm not likely to read this year, but I could very easily pull one out and read it (in fact, there are 5 down there I MUST pull out and read because they aren't mine, but so far...)  Reading is, in fact, something of a mood influenced activity for me.  I can intend to read a particular book all I want, but if my brain, my mood, my energy level, my chakras, my stars, and my aura aren't all lined up properly, it won't work.  I will wander off.


No comments: