Friday, February 08, 2013

Progress is Progressing

Not a bad couple of days.  Got revisions done on LIMO (only been, what, 6 years since I got those notes?) and had someone do a read and come up with a couple more.    Letting it sit for a few days to marinate.

Also, and at long last, revised the latest sections of Temporary Position, getting rid of the stuff that bothered me and stopped me, and liking it much better now.  I cut out a lot of what I'd written last, too, and have to come up with new stuff.  However, that will be tomorrow's task.  Important thing is not to push too hard on this venture back into writing.

And it's hard.  It's really hard to make myself keep my ass in the chair and my fingers on the keys.  That little frog in my brain keeps trying to make me hop, too.  It keeps putting things in the way of the words.  It annoys the hell out of me.  Gee, thanks, Crazy.

But I'm doing it.  I may manage no more than 200 words a day, but I'm doing it.  I feel like it could break, this long dry spell.  It could rain in this desert in my head.  I'm gathering clouds.

No comments: