Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Best Laid Plans and All That

Was supposed to get up bright eyed and chipper this morning, finish the last load of laundry, write in my journal, do some other writing, clean up the kitchen, start on the soup, and head to the doctor for a check up on the throat/acid reflux thing.

Instead, I woke up around 4:30, couldn't go back to sleep for about 2 hours, then dropped into a deep sleep that was interrupted by critter needs (must go pee!  must eat!).  Upon waking, I realized that my head ached, so I returned to bed to snuggle with fed critters who didn't need to pee anymore.  It's now almost 11 and I finally got up, got dressed, and made it as far as the computer.  I should go downstairs, take pills, eat something, and try to remove some of the schmutz from the kitchen. (There's nothing like Yiddish for succinct expression.  My time among so many fine Jewish people was not wasted.)

Bitch, bitch, bitch, that's my mood today.  Nothing is really wrong -- The Husband returns from his trip tonight, the weather is a bit grey and dull but not particularly wet or cold.

Perhaps it's the email I just read, that a lady at church who has been very kind to me, who I like very much, may be dying right now.  I haven't shown her as much attention as I would have liked, just the distractions of life putting her in the back of my mind, as our connection isn't long standing and was mostly intention rather than anything more durable, but still...I find myself feeling a bit dragged down by the thought, a bit sad, hoping that she will recover and come back to church so I can sing for her again.

However, I suspect she would be a bit upset I had cut my hair.  She really loved my long hair.

People pass out of our lives and I've yet to understand it.  I know it happens, I know it is inevitable, I know all those things, and yet I don't understand it.

No comments: