Monday, July 04, 2011

Review: Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into Print


Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into PrintSelf-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition: How to Edit Yourself Into Print by Renni Browne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I think this will be a very practical book, a book from which I will take notes, a book I'll turn to for practice and reminders. It's an open door sort of book, the kind that welcomes you to come in and get comfortable while you listen to the information.

This is NOT a read-once-know-all sort of book. No, this one should sit under the elbow while writing and editing. It should have post-it flags, highlighting, notes in the margin. It's a work book, a book that teaches by making you do.

The hardest part of reading this book was in not rushing to my current manuscript to apply the thing I'd just read before I finished reading the whole book.



View all my reviews

No comments: