Saturday, May 08, 2010

But It Seems So Real

A friend of mine -- a clever and devious sort of friend -- has a new hobby.

Book of Mavro

I can't help but think "Mavro" is a variation on "maverick", that much maligned word from which all meaning was beaten during the 2008 US Presidential elections. That's sad, because I really prefer thinking of it as a fairly fun 1950s/60s western TV show about a gambler/con man. Either way, it is fitting.

And, just in case Mavro wants someone new to play with, I suggest he check out this goodie my buddy Scott found, if only for the incredibly humor caused by the complete lack of basic scientific knowledge and application of logic. As dumb as Mavro plays to scammers, I'm not sure even he can manage to be that dumb. But, it might be a worthy challenge.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Ah, scambaiting. I've admired the folks who do this sort of thing, but I just don't have the nads (or the patience) to do it myself. I'd rather just collect the emails in a massive Word doc.

Mavro said...

Mavro means 'black'. And I'm contacting Scott's goodie as we speak. Let's hope I'm in time. The planet is about to be destructed after all...

Scott said...

Godspeed, Mavro!

Mavro said...

Sherri, I did some reorganizing of pages and your link to Book of Mavro is now dead. Sorry about that. To revive, use http://419-mavro.blogspot.com/p/faq-disclaimer.html instead.

I promise I won't do it again ;)