Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back in Blue

Bebe Bleu, my beloved Mazda 3, is back in the driveway, looking shiny and new-ish. The awful, terrible, violence inducing VW is back at the rental agency.

I will say that, after I figured out the head rest and got used to the braking and acceleration, I hated it a little less. This is not love, it's just less virulent hatred. The whole plastic-y, tight, tiny interior, the lack of any space for human legs in the back seats, and the amazing number of blind spots in a car with so much glass were simply staggering. It is not the car for me. I never want to see the inside of one again. I'm not all that jazzed to see the outside, either.

But my Mazda runs just fine. I have new seat covers on order and I need to vacuum the interior to go with the whole "clean and shiny" theme I have going there. but it feels so good to drive my own car. Also, my knee does not bump the steering column. It's all good.

2 comments:

the queen said...

My brother owned a Mazda, and it was always breaking. He loved it though. I think that was because it had a Wankel engine, and we put together a model of a Wankel engine when we were kids.

I said I was thinking of buying a Mazda and Mom said, "Just PUT a KNIFE through my HEART."

Sherri said...

This is my second Mazda. Neither ever had a problem. We are seriously considering replacing our second vehicle with another Mazda. I've had less trouble with the Mazda than I've had with the three cars previously owned.