Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SOUP!

I have just completed perhaps the best soup I've ever made. I keep tasting spoonfuls and swooning. If I don't stop, there won't be any left.

I mentioned, I'm sure, that The Husband and I are trying to cook more from scratch. So, I picked up the recent issue of Cook's Illustrated, which was all on soups. There was a roasted butternut squash soup recipe that looked pretty simple, so I tried it.

Oh! My!

Seriously, the hardest part was peeling and chopping the squash (and even that would have been easier if I had not JUST put my best knives in the dishwasher. DUMB! DUMB!) Everything else was really simple. Not a lot of ingredients, either.

I will be making this soup again and again and again. I can't wait until The Husband gets home.

Happiness is really good food.

No comments: