Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shoulda Got the Year's Supply of Popcorn

Costco is a dangerous place, especially for two people with weak wills and a love of movies. Along with garbage bags and cat litter, The Husband and I picked up a handful of DVDs -- all temptingly priced.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Extended Edition -- Morgan Freeman does one of the commentaries. This I gotta hear.

Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, & Porco Rosso -- all early Miyazaki films. We picked up Laputa, Castle in the Sky last week. Yeah, we have a thing for Miyazaki. I want to see Ponyo, but I may wait for the DVD. I have to watch Princess Mononoke again -- I didn't like it when I saw it the first time, but I love Spirited Away, Naussica of the Valley of the Winds, and Howl's Moving Castle so much, I should give it a second chance. Kiki's Delivery Service, on the other hand, is just not coming into the house.

The Bourne Trilogy -- ok, fine, I like stupid violent movies with impossible action sequences. It was cheaper than buying 1 of the DVDs at Wal*mart.

No comments: