Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ruminating.

Weblog wise, last year was pretty quiet. Once I got through whining, I really didn't have much to say.

I still don't seem to have much to say. In fact, looking back over my archives, I can't declare that I ever had THAT much to say. I just spent a lot of time warbling the little I had. But I certainly felt like I had TONS to say and that it was important and I'd die if I didn't say it.

So now I'm reflecting on the whole blogging thing. This incarnation of the weblog started at the end of 2003, and I had about 4 years before that in a previous incarnation or two. At the end of 2002 I came to a point where I felt I had no more to say to the world, and 9 months later, I was ready to talk again. Since then, I've had various moments of more or less to say.

I guess it's because right now there is very little going on in my life, and there has been very little going on for the past 6 months. I go few places. I talk to few people. My life is mostly online and in the house, and there's not much reason to leave the house or have life elsewhere. I'm not reading or writing much, which is sort of a waste. I keep trying, and keep distracting myself with stupid Facebook apps. I don't link to other blogs anymore, even when someone says something interesting. I don't talk to the imaginary "you" out there because I figure there are perhaps 6 people who check here these days, and they mostly hear from me, when I say anything, via other conduits. There are no burning questions. I don't feel like my day to day events warrant reporting.

I haven't made any decisions about this. I haven't got the mind to make a decision or change anything. I'm just thinking about it.

No comments: