Monday, January 12, 2009

Movie Overdose

Jozer the Jozarian came to hang for the weekend, arriving late Friday. We'd planned the Weekend of Sloth -- The Husband dug up a recipe for Priazzo. In the 80's when I dated the Psycho Boyfriend, I lived on Priazzo. I suspect a good 30 lbs of me is made up of cheese and pepperoni. Omi. Was good.

Movies consumed --

Kiki's Delivery Service (cute, leans toward the annoying)
Naussicaa of the Valley of the Winds (VERY good)
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (what's not to like?)
Twister (Special Effects!)
Nanny McPhee (with the excellent commentary track)
High Society (Grace Kelly!)
Godzilla vs. King Kong (showing Joezer The WORST Bluescreen effects EVER)

We tried to watch Wall-E, but neither DVD player liked the disc. I'm sort of reluctant to see that movie anyway -- I know I'll end up crying over animated robots, and I'm just not up to it. Maybe I mentally kept the DVD players from working, although, I SWEAR, I never touched the disk.

I think we watched some other movies in there but I can't remember, and after Joezer left, The Husband and I were overcome with desire to see the Star Wars Trilogy (we conked out just before the final battle in Return of the Jedi. Luckily we both knew who won.)

This morning I feel like I have a hangover.

No comments: