Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dear Mr. President

I've never watched an inauguration speech. I watched yours. I was proud. I still am.

I don't expect you to be perfect. I'm pretty sure there will be promises you want to make that you won't be able to keep. I'm betting you'll screw up a few things. You'll have to make some really hard choices. Sometimes the choice will be between doing one bad thing and doing another.

Just be honest. Honest until it hurts, maybe. Respect me and the other citizens of this country, that we know things and we think things. Respect that we may not have all the facts you have, but neither do we have the spin and the filters to which you will be subject. Don't think we are stupid, and don't treat us that way.

Good luck, Mr. President. I haven't been proud to say that for a long while now. Good luck.

1 comment:

whall said...

I hope he keeps some of the promises me made that I agree with, and doesn't keep the promises he made that make me cringe.