Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Goodbye Cowkitty

The stray we'd been caring for outside went to the vet this morning. We called him Cowkitty for his orange cow spots. He was a goofy sweet cat, so soft and just wanting to be pet and loved.

He has Feline AIDS and Leukemia.

When I took him in this morning, I said (as pet lovers will) that I would see him later and everything would be fine. Instead, about now they are putting him down. We can't care for him and he will get sick eventually. In fact, he already had a cold and an eye infection.

I feel terrible. I feel as if I betrayed him. We did give him a few weeks of love and regular food. I tried hard not to fall in love with him, but I did, a little.

Now to hug all my other cats and hope that Cowkitty's spirit will move on peacefully.

No comments: