Thursday, October 09, 2008

High Notes, Low Notes

Not any stories to tell. Yesterday, I took the local "CAT" bus to campus for my class. It rained all day and I didn't realize my car umbrella had recently become a hanging-on-the-door umbrella. I got fairly damp. Nothing dramatic about the bus. It's free, and while it's a longer ride than if I drove to campus, it cuts the whole "there is no parking" problem neatly out of the equation. Plenty of parking near the bus stop.

The Mindfulness class is something to do. I'm not terribly interested in it. The main points are familiar to me, and the details are mostly reminders. Not a bad thing, but not revelationary.

I'm studying for the GRE. I am working on vocabulary today, and will attempt some of the math tonight. Since I'm applying for an English degree, I want to excel on that portion of the test. I just want to appear competent on the other half. They threaten word problems. I never did well on word problems.

I don't feel bad, just sort of undirected. My usual time wasters (aka the Interwebinet) are no longer so engaging, so I know I'm ready to DO SOMETHING. However, my concentration hasn't quite caught up to this yet. I need to vacuum. The floor is pretty nasty. Maybe that will be the high note of my day.

No comments: