Monday, September 01, 2008

Story 1

For which I have no photographic evidence, although I did try.

Friday I went to help out my friend Book Pimp at DragonCon. I wore one of my favorite t shirts, a grey shirt with the slogan "Careful or you'll end up in my novel."

Later in the day, an older man wandered into the booth. He had on the same shirt and we joked about it. His name tag was turned around on a lanyard. He untwisted it.

The man was Harry Turtledove. The booth was too busy for me to grab a photo, though.

I have been thinking about reading Turtledove for a long while now. He's popular with some of my friends. I picked up "The Beginning of the End" and "Guns of the South".

1 comment:

whall said...

I've not heard of him either but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

I think that's a really cool shirt though...