Monday, August 25, 2008

Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

It has RAINED.

It has rained long and hard today in this dry and dusty corner of the Upstate. There has actually been flash flood warnings all day. It might rain more tomorrow. Rain is being measured in inches.

I don't know what, if any, affect this will have on the drought, since these storms are remnants of Fay, but it's got to help. At least I don't have to water the garden.

I did have to shut the house up and turn on the A/C -- water through the windows is not a good thing -- but, heck, it's August. My ever instinct said having the house open was highly unnatural in the first place.

Tomorrow I get my ass to the temp agency with resume in hand. Applications to the University, I am now to understand, can take weeks to work through the machinery. Wee. Both The Husband and I are revisiting our 20s, except he gets the fun part.

No comments: