Monday, May 19, 2008

'Lergic

I've been joking for a week or so that I am allergic to South Carolina. Sadly, it seems to be fact, not fiction. Sneezing, blurred vision, and constant congestion result from a few sniffs of the cool, fresh air. I am incredulous. I've never had allergy issues, and I was born and raised in the land of Molds, Spoors and Pollens.

We are going to try the Local Honey method, as soon as we find some Local Honey. The farmstand we frequent is out and has been for a while. Until then, there is Claratin. I should take some now, except I had some wine just a little while ago and I have to wait one hour before going swimming or something. It was on the box. It's the non-drowsy kind, so in typical fashion I start tipping over and hallucinating about bees about 1/2 hour after I take the pill, and perk up a little while later. It's ok. I like the breathing part, even if I'm doing it sleepy.

We are accomplishing House 2.0 rapidly -- boxes are being unpacked, curtains are going up, and we have plants on our teeny patio. Yes, I will post pictures as soon as I take some. It's hard to find a place to stand for picture taking -- anyplace you CAN stand seems to give the best view of nothing in particular. I'll work on it.

Right now

1 comment:

whall said...

What's this 'local honey' method? Find some local honey, take her out on the town, make out and get enough germs so you gain better immunity?