Wednesday, April 09, 2008

White Whine

You guys are really a help to me, do you know that? No, seriously. I spend so much of my time talking to cats that even seeing typing from actual human beans lifts my mood.

In other good news, I started and finished a whole book. Yeah, I know, whoopie. But it is a big deal. I haven't managed to finish a book yet this year. I've started a few, but my focus would go and I'd wander away. But last night I picked up Mercedes Lackey's Fortune's Fool, the third in her 500 Kingdom's "Fairy Tale Romance" series. They are trite popcorny books (well, the first was the best in the series and had a little more depth to it -- barely) and they are easy to gobble up.

Now, in between bouts of packing and laundry, I'm reading A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer, a lot less fairy tale but more Young Adult, and enjoying it quite a bit. It's like almost being myself...

No comments: