Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shifting Priorities

Friday was my last regular day at Tokyo. I am "on call" next week, although Bosszilla has no particular projects upcoming that I'm not already working on. So, I made a few quick goodbyes and slid out. I don't want the party and the fuss (as I said before, I'll be back within a month). My desk is mostly empty and I'm sure the vultures will move in for the few things left.

So, now I have to live through this week until Friday. Friday, I fly up to Clemson to see The Husband (Yay!), help him move his stuff from his apartment room into the new place, and drive back down with him on Sunday. I'm excited about this.

I'm so excited, in fact, that I bought new luggage. Well, sort of. Last year I had to make a quick flight and needed three things. 1) not to have luggage 2)my laptop 3)a change of clothes. So, we made a fast trip to Target and found a tidy rolling laptop bag. It just BARELY fit my laptop, the power supply, and some underwear. I've been using it as my regular computer bag since then, and while it works, it is VERY tight on the laptop and rather hard to pack -- the main compartment is gusseted so it doesn't fully open. I've been looking for a replacement bag ever since.

FOUND IT! Office Depot and Samsonite came through for under $100 ( I could have gone for the leather one, or the Wenger/Swiss Army Knife fancy once, but...I'm cheap. And I have So Many computer bags at this point.) It's a little too large for regular use, but it will be great for the traveling in my future. I may let The Husband use it, too, when he is going back and forth (more justification!)

So -- new countdown! 7 days until HUSBAND.

1 comment:

whall said...

hmm, I had trouble with the pronoun "it"

--

It just BARELY fit my laptop, the power supply, and some underwear. I've been using it as my regular computer bag since then, and while it works, it is VERY tight on the laptop and rather hard to pack

--

Since the last noun you used was "underwear," I naturally thought that's what you were referring to. And yes, I would expect it would be tight on the laptop.