Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Long, Dark Whine

I'm having one of my least favorite kind of day -- even though it is sunny, I feel dark. I couldn't sleep so I stayed up reading, which means I overslept this morning and have a cramp in my neck today. Things are frustrating me. I feel like cutting off the world, crawling into a hole, and pulling the hole in after me. I just don't want to be bothered. I want to hide.

Of course, I won't. That's why I am typing this. This is me (in case it wasn't clear) NOT cutting off the world. This is me standing up to my own dark mood and giving it the finger.

Feh. Fat lot of good that will do. Moods are a very hard thing to defy. The neck cramp is a dirty trick.

So, anyway, I got quite a lot packed up yesterday, but if I hadn't done it, I wouldn't be able to tell. I have to move boxes to the garage. I still have shelves to disassemble and some boxes to move out of The Husband's old office. Then I can work on my old office and maybe the library. The general air of mess is spreading around the house. Mostly, though, I need to clean the bedroom, since it is the room where I spend most of my time. Everything looks rather hellish. I haven't cleaned because I've been packing, so there's plenty of mess.

And I have to figure out what to do with my jewelry. My lovely jewelry box will be stored. Since our new bedroom will have no dresser, there will be no place to put the thing. It's beautiful. My MIL gave it to me some years ago. I think it was made in Korea, with brass hinges and trim, a box sitting on its own carved base. It isn't the most efficient of boxes -- really, I don't think that was the original purpose -- but I love it. However, the dictates of common sense say it is to be stored.

I have to work out something else for all my lovely stuff. I have far too many earrings, pins, and rings, lucky me. I like my sparkly bits. However, a big hunk will need to be packed up and stored in some other way for a long while. Haven't figured that out. I hate tossing everything into a sloppy pile. We've discussed one of those standing armoirs, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money. I've got some of those jewelry storage things, but, again, I won't have the drawers to keep them anymore.

Such problems. I am lucky to have them, I know. Still, they require solving.

Oh, it seems that Blogger's settings for preventing search engines crawling the site aren't efficient, at least to judge from my statistics. We'll see.

No comments: