Monday, February 25, 2008

No Hammer, No Corkscrew

Little Monster did show up. He did write the instruction. He didn't bring the object so I could test the instruction, so the session went pretty much no where fast. A quick look over what he wrote showed me that he Just Doesn't Get It. A more careful look showed me that he Just Doesn't Care. I mean, if you are opening a wine bottle with a corkscrew, does it really matter which hand holds which item (as long as you can hold them) as much as it matters how to make the damn corkscrew work?

So he got a short lesson, the last bits of wisdom I'm going to share, and I'm done. I spent a little time beating on his high opinion of himself (in a round about, indirect, careful way). 10 minutes, one hand out, one assignment for Thursday, and then I'll be done. He's into his 6th week of this. It's just not that freaking HARD.

It's just not funny anymore. I don't see this man keeping his job. He irritated another manager today, who came within inches of just writing the instruction for him, handing it to him, and telling him to go away. All his education and he can't manage this really simple task. It's sad. It's really, really sad.

No comments: