Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Need a Maid

Someone wants to look at the house tomorrow. So, my lazy Sunday now has an interlude of Panic Cleaning. I'm not going crazy -- the house isn't that bad on a relative scale. I need to pick up the library and bedroom, vacuum all the floors, and take out some trash. The kitchen is already clean, as are the main rooms of the house. Oh, and I need to throw in a load of laundry, but that's because I need some clean pants.

We really dropped our price, almost 50k lower than we started, which puts us close to what we BOUGHT the house for (before the addition and the floors, the new A/C unit, and other improvements we've made) But the market is so bad right now we don't have a lot of choice.

I'm trying not to be excited with the idea of selling. There is a LOT of choice in this area right now, including new homes. If the house sold in March, it would also mean some panicky rearranging of our lives to make the move. Bosszilla would be VERY unhappy -- I more or less promised I'd be here until the end of April, and if we got a good offer in March, I'd be trying to get myself out of here with speed.

But I'm just borrowing trouble with those thoughts. I want this house to sell. I want to get my life started in a new town. I want to be back with my husband all the time. So I need to vacuum.

No comments: