Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here is Where We Say Goodbye

Word has come along the secret network to confirm what I already suspected. Little Monster has been declared useless and will be evicted from Tokyo before the end of the week, or at least moved to some other area where I won't have to deal with him. But I think the general attitude is all bu-bye!

This means I do NOT have to have another useless training session with him tomorrow. I will leave him a note. Yay. I spent time today doing what I had assigned him to do. It took me about 10 minutes with a pen and a single sheet of paper. I doubt he did it that way, if he did it at all. Now I don't have to care. On the good side, I now have a very, VERY complete training document for writing work instructions. It is a thing of beauty, or will be as soon as I reformat it.

As I discussed with Quality Guy today, we both have a certain amount of pity for Little Monster. He obviously did not consider the place he was moving or the job he was taking before jumping. Now he's going to be stuck and stuck hard. It's sad, really, and I'm sure it will be an ego blow as well as a scary moment for the man, stuck in this area and having to find something else really fast.

But that's about as far as I'm willing to feel sympathy. A good hunk of this was brought on by his own actions.

Bu-Bye! Bye now! Watch your step!

No comments: