Thursday, October 04, 2007

It's never enough

Tomorrow we drive halfway across the state (lucky for us, Florida is a very narrow state, and we are at the narrower bit of it) to Tampa for Necronomicon.

Yes, I know, we did this last year and the year before. You guys don't miss a trick, do you?

Of course, someone will want to see the house while we are gone. Someone wanted to see the house last weekend when we were down south. Therefore, no panic cleaning and final tidying and removal of catsmells could be done. Thus, we were told the house was "too cluttered" (I left two dishes that didn't get clean in the dishwasher on the counter) and "smelled of cat" (it had been 24 hours since I cleaned the cat boxes).

I mean, my house is currently cleaner (and has been cleaner longer) than it has been in the entire 15 years I've lived here, INCLUDING when my mother-in-law was about to arrive. *sigh*

But, after this weekend, we start shuttling our belongings out of our over-full storage unit to a new storage unit further north. Then we will start pulling yet more things out of the house and putting them INTO the storage unit, which will result in a steadily less cluttered/more empty house. At some point we will either be moving or we will be living with a chair, a bed, and a folding table.

No comments: