Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Miss My Mind The Most

I am typing this with only my right hand. Why, I hear you ask, would I be doing that?

Because I suffer from the delusion that it takes more that 60 seconds for a 40 watt bulb to get burning hot. Au contraire, mon frer! The second degree burn on my left middle finger contradicts this assumption!

5 minutes under running cool water and three icecubes later, I have one of the most shriveled blisters in the Western Hemisphere. Exposure to air for more than 10 seconds results in a severe sensation of fried finger. I'm not happy. I am also stupid. I had forgotten the lesson of the Easybake Oven, learned when I was a child (and that picture was the model I had!)

However, The Husband agrees that the best treatment available is a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

No comments: