Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Wind Began To Twitch

but so far, the house is being nice and still, as is proper for a house. I really prefer my houses to stay steady on the ground. I know, stick in the mud, but that's who I am.

It's a blustery day in my part of Florida. We had thunder and driving rain when I finally decided it was time to get out of bed, and it hasn't really let up much since. The wind warnings are pretty emphatic, so I'm about to put on some clothes and go collect my two wind chimes. Both are high end, tuned tubular models and I'm not eager to lose them to the neighbors.

Ophelia still seems ok, if a little weak. She climbs on the bed or couch, but she seems almost exhausted afterwards. She eats and she comes to the magic sound of food hitting the bowl (or mik hitting my cereal), she purrs or gets pissy when I pet her (moody cat, she's always been like that). I don't know what to think. I've been combing and brushing that peeling skin off. It looks just like how you peek after a sunburn, and she is losing fur, but it is her top coat -- the undercoat is still there and the skin underneath isn't even reddish/pinkish or irritate looking. I'm thinking more and more that she got into something which was mildly toxic (no vomiting or siezures) or she's developed an allergy. Maybe it's the cat litter, maybe it's the catfood, maybe it's some cleaning product or another. I don't know.

Ok, time to rescue the windchimes while it's not raining for a minute.

No comments: