Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's the Shoes

The Husband and I indulged in Retail Therapy today. I got some new spring clothes, we found a Saki set (after looking for over a year) and The Husband replaced his sunglasses clips and some shoes.

It all started because I needed new shoes. I'm hard on shoes -- it comes of having huge feet and being cheap. Shoes do not last for long. I tend toward very practical, flat, cheap shoes, usually black, that are comfortable and not much to look at.

Instead, I got these. Because the are Cute Shoes.


Don't even try to tell me they are just loafers. They are not and you will not convince me. To me, they are the Cutest Shoes in the World. Officially. TM and everything.

Now here's the funny part.

See that circle? That circle is around the 3 1/2 inch mark. Yes, these Cute Shoes have a 3 and 1/2 inch high heel. I can barely walk in them (at least, normally). I totter just under 6 feet tall in them. What the hell am I, the queen of the Barefoot Bigfoot People, doing hobbling around in a 3 1/2 inch high heel?

Being damned Cute in my shoes, that's what I'm doing. These things make my big fat clodhopper feet look TEENY, like Chinese Golden Lotus teeny. My long stride is shortened and I have to walk carefully or I'll flop right over on my face. I don't care. They are not walking shoes. They are sitting around looking really cute shoes. They are hobbling from the car to the restaurant shoes. That's what they are.

I bought another pair that LOOKED and FELT lower, but turned out to have the same heel. I can't work that out. And I bought a pair of sneakers and some flats. I'm not COMPLETEY crazed. But they are damned cute shoes. Don't worry. I know who to blame for this fashion abberation of mine. It's undue influence, that's what it is. It's brainwashing.

I love my shoes.


We also returned to Harmoni for our cheese refund. They were super nice about it. They gave us a $20 gift card (more than the value of the cheese) and we had dinner there (fantastic!), drank some wine, and bought more cheese, among other things. *sigh* Food and new shoes. Life is fantastic!

No comments: