Saturday, March 24, 2007

Equity

I've had grey hair for a long time -- since I was 17, in fact. It's never been very abundant and it's never been very attractive, being gathered mostly at the crown of my head in what I call my "pigion target". Since i wear my hair pulled back most of the time, it's not a big factor (regular dye jobs help, too). I've said many times that if only my hair would go grey in some attractive way, like my mother's did, I'd stop coloring my hair and let myself age gracefully.

Today I saw a grey hair at my temple, in one of those places one can go grey "attractively". There it was, the first sign of my impending old age.

Right next to it was a fat pimple. Is this what they call "balance"?

1 comment:

Lazygal said...

A couple of weeks ago, I was told by a woman I work with that another colleague was on "grey patrol": unless it all turned, overnight, one wasn't allowed to really go grey at work.

It's true, too. Only two women have any grey; all the rest dye their hair. Luckily, I'm not so grey now that anyone notices... but when they do... maybe then it'll be time for me to go blonde?