Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Can Now Tell The World

As of today, I have lost 15 lbs and over 2 inches on my waist since the beginning of the year. It's a good start. I want to lose 5 more pounds this month and at least 50 lbs this year. I'm pretty happy with the changes I'm making. I'm not dieting nor taking a miracle pill, and I'm not using some TV miracle exerciser machine or program. No fasting, no special foods, and no hinky complicated detox.

I'm learning to eat reasonably, to simplify my food choices so that the very act of eating is not overwhelming and fraught with danger and anxiety. I'm chosing to move more, which includes going to the gym (sometimes I go and do the minimum, then sit and read while The Husband finished whatever he's doing because I don't feel well. Othertimes I go and make HIM wait because it feels good to push weight or ride the bike.)

I am not suffering or sacrificing. I think I've had chocolate every day this week. Sometimes I find myself eating for reasons that have nothing to do with hunger and I have to pay attention to that (That's how I got this heavy in the first place). Most of what I've changed dates back over many years of trying to lose weight and improve my health. It all came together when I read "You: On A Diet" which seemed to put everything I knew with a few things I didn't into a fresh framework, with simple approaches to making it a part of my life.

I'm looking forward to feeling better and being thinner this year.

1 comment:

Alessia Brio said...

Hooray for you! *big grin*

These days, I don't eat unless my stomach is actually growling. Real, physical hunger -- as opposed to emotional hunger. It seems to keep me on track.