Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Tabloidable

I rarely pick up tabloid magazines at the grocery store (or anywhere else, smartasses) but occasionally I see something that I want to keep either for the entertainment value or because I can't believe it is in print (to this day I regret my dad threw out the copy of the Inquirer that showed the first President Bush surf fishing with his "invisible" secret service guards.)

So while waiting for someone else's cottage cheese to get rung up, I noticed Star Magazine had put the 50 Most Annoying Celebreties on their cover, I was curious. Mostly it is full of celebrity photos that I could not care less about, but some of those photos made me laugh (for instance, one of Gwen Stefani with her hair piled into a dinner roll on her forehead shows up twice -- once praising her for her jewelry line, the other saying her hair was annoying).

I can't really say I disagree with many of their choices, most expecially Borat's lime green banana hammock swim suit. That's not only annoying, it's WRONG. I am SO not going to see that movie, just because I'm already scarred.

In the "Celebs I know about but don't KNOW about", why does Clay Aiken now look so much like David Cassidy? Love child? Clone? Hologram?

No comments: