Sunday, December 17, 2006

.25 Hour In The Light

So, concert last night. I actually sat in the audience except for a quick dart backstage to slide into a sweater that smelled subtly of cat pee, mess up the words to a song while holding a hand mic, and blink into the darkness. Then, in a flash, I was back in my seat.

That was my concert experience. I need to do it twice more today (sans cat-pee sweater) and then my stint with the Orlando Gay Chorus will be ended.

The one thing I noticed was, as great as everything went, as good as they sounded and as much fun as the music was, I had no desire to get up on stage with them. When I saw them the first time, I was singing in the audience. I was itchy with lust to be on stage. I wanted it so badly I could have cried.

I don't want it any more. The romance is over.

Now to deal with that cat-pee sweater.

No comments: