Saturday, March 26, 2005

A new stunning development

I just got an acceptance e-mail into a writing workshop I applied for. I've spent the last 2 months telling myself not to worry about it, I wasn't going to get it -- you know, lowering my expectations so as to reduce any dissapointment. I do this all the time, for almost everything.

But I did get in. And I've got no excitement.

I've noticed this before -- it is as if I've pulled the balance out. If I am not set up for huge dissapointment at failure, I can't have huge excitement at success. This sucks, you know. It means I can't have just high points in my life.

I'll work my way up to being excited sometime later tonight. Damn, either they didn't get enough participants and I got lucky or...someone thinks I can write. Damn.

No comments: