Sunday, February 20, 2005

Safety Warning

Happily, although I have about 200+ LPs from my misspent, pre-CD youth, I do not own anything that appears in the Museum of bad album covers: the worst album covers ever!. I do have a couple of Tijuana Brass albums, but they are innocuous, as cover art goes.

Of course, CD cover art lacks a lot, too....mostly the ability to SEE the artwork wthout a magnifying glass. Those of you too young to have memories of staring at mysterious album art while listening to equally mysterious lyrics booming from your combo turntable/cassette player/FM radio stereo set have missed a basic part of life...ELO may not have been the most incredible music to come out of the 70's, but the "Out of the Blue" album cover was sweet indeed.

Hey, I was 12 then.

(blame the Irish)

No comments: