Thursday, October 28, 2004

Checking in

Nothing in particular going on. MIL has moved into her house and we moved boxes, assembled desks, unpacked dishes and moved boxes. She's about an hour away, which seems to be the perfect distance to prevent "drop in" visits.

Rehearsals are going....well, mostly. Lots of people are not singing this concert. The music isn't turning a lot of wheels, but I think it will be OK. I'm singing with a smaller ensemble and folks from ANOTHER ensemble keep coming up and saying "Aren't you the new member of (this smaller) ensemble? They are really thrilled with you. No, really." Compliments always make me a little nervous in such venues, since I have no idea how they know anything. We share a member between ensembles, but I didn't think this particular member thought much of me and I don't think he'd rave like that.

Weather is great, life is good, Samhain is coming, and I'm going pumpkin shopping.

No comments: