Thursday, September 23, 2004

More Poetry in the Judiciary!

There are important distinctions to be made in law, you know. Aside that, can a drunk on a horse really said to be driving? Most horses are smarter than that. And isn't the person who rear-ends you always in the wrong?

Yahoo! News - Court Rules a Horse Is Not a Vehicle

Of course, there is a certain poetic beauty in Justice Michael Eakin's dissent...

"A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
but the Vehicle Code does not divorce
its application from, perforce,
a steed as my colleagues said."

"'It's not vague,' I'll say until I'm hoarse,
and whether a car, a truck or horse
this law applies with equal force,
and I'd reverse instead."



I think more decisions should be handed down this way. Can anyone on the US Supreme Court come up with something this good?

No comments: