Saturday, September 25, 2004

Here comes the rain again

and there's not a damn thing to be done about it.

I expect, actually, the death toll to be a little higher this time. People are worn out, weary, bored with going through their prep, over the whole adrenalin thing. Some are not going to do what they should do. Their judgement will be clouded. They will wait a little too long and try to leave when it's too late to go anywhere.

It's going to be ugly, I think.

For me personally, I'm pissed that the storm seems likely to ruin dinner plans with some of my favorite people at one of my favorite restaurants, plans that actually took a few weeks to come together. Petty, yes, but that's the truth. Our hurricane kit is packed and in the hallway, we've got canned food and drink for at least 5 days, we have propane for lamps and cookstoves, and the Husband has stocked our standup freezer with bags of ice from last time. All we really need is some catfood and the camping gear from the storage unit. We aren't even boarding our windows (that might bite us for the windows in the back, but we are prepared to deal with it)

And after all, this is my named storm. I was sort of wondering when she'd be coming to visit.

No comments: