Friday, December 12, 2003

Hark! I hear the cannon's Roar. Is it the King Approaching?

I started my morning with this rReturn of the King review and some pondering about the upcoming movie.

I watched the first two, of course, like anyone who's read the books more than once must manage before they die. We own the videos, which I watched for the extras. However, I must admit this.

I don't want to see them again. I'm not sure I want to see the last one.

Why? It's complicated. I really, really , REALLY loved the first two movies. They hooked directly into me and dragged me along through every little thing. It was exhilarating. It was exhausting. It was depleting. I felt like an old mop when it was over. I felt emotionally raw and physically drained. Just listening to the sound track afterwards could start me crying.

It's hard to work up enthusiasm for an experience that you know will do that.

It's not like I *want* to be the trilogies bitch. It just happens.

No comments: